We want to help Australian to be in a better financial situation. Our goal is to avoid another GFC or any other financial crisis. This is the reason why we wanted to work on the challenge related to insolvencies.
Our approach for this hackathon was to integrate large volume of data across multiple governmental agencies and analyse the main contributing factors impacting insolvencies in Australia.
What we did:
- We integrated more than 20 different datasets from different governmental agencies
- We built a dataset with 200 different variables
- We used a combination of Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics to derive additional information
- We focused on interpreting our models outputs in order to derive meaningful insights. We are against black-box solution
- We built an interactive dashboard to explore all these informations
Our solution helps to:
- Explore different datasets we integrated
- Compare different SA3 areas on the different accessible variables
- Understand the factors that are impacting insolvencies ratio
How should NSW government best provide data to the developer community? Show how our data can be made more usable for developers. What quality or format or standardisation issues does government need to fix or to consider? What developer community needs does the government need to support better?
We are seeking to challenge the status quo. Moving from open data as a bi-product of government business, to active management of open data to better support reuse and innovation – hence open data with a purpose. To achieve this we want to trigger a conversation between developers and the data custodians.
How can open data be used to make a social impact, contributing to the betterment of society? How can we improve prospects for children, and education, using open data?
What sort of impact can be made on homelessness, mental health outcomes, or the environment, using open data?